22 May 2011

Why Do We Deal Treacherously Every Man Against His Brother?

I love the scripture in Malachi 2:10: "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?" Early this morning before we went to church, I was bored because we aren't supposed to do our morning exercises on the Sabbath. I grabbed the yellow book that was on the table and started flippin thru it. I came to the Churches section, and started reading all the names of the churches. There's a good 4 and a half pages of churches just in the Clarksville and Hopkinsville Areas. Some of the bigger churches (most of them were Baptist churches) had their name in bolder names to stick out and some even had advertisments to "show" how much better their church is compared to every other one. One even boasts a continental breakfast before morning service! Here are a couple of photos from the phonebook:
          
Honestly, this really saddened me. I echo the words of the prophet Malachi, Do we not just have one God? A God who loves us and wants the best for us? The best being, living with Him again? Is there not just "One Lord, one faith, and one baptism"? (Ephesians 4:5) There is only one true and living church here on the earth! "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints"! (1 Corinthians 14:33) I testify that there is only one true and living church here upon the earth! Naturally, the one true and living church is the church that Jesus Himself, the very Son of God, set up. That same church was restored thru the Prophet Joseph Smith. I testify that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is that one and true living church! I'm grateful that the fog of confusion can be lifted from my eyes, and it has been because of the knowledge of the truth. I Stand All Amazed...at the peace of being apart of God's true and living church.

No comments:

Post a Comment