13 May 2011

Gloves!...yes, gloves

Tomorrow morning, we are going to help someone from our ward move a pile a cut down trees that fell during some of the big storms that we have had. My companions and I decided that the tree trunks are gonna tear apart our hands, so we needed to find some gloves. We debated between a trip to Wal-Mart or make some calls to some members to see if they had any that we could use. We were talking about who to call, and someone yelled, "Elder Logan! He's got everything!" And this is very true. Elder and Sister Logan are a senior couple that is serving a mission down here in Clarksville. They do a lot with the Military and the relationships between the wards and the soldiers. They do extensive home teaching, temple prep classes, and they do a lot with the YSA group here in town. On top of that, they are constantly serving us missionaries with anything that we need. I have officially dubbed them Superman and Wonder-Woman. Here they are:  (I took this yesterday when Elder Logan walked in the down looking like this after he got done dry-walling at one of the houses that they home-teach at)
They are incredible people. So, I was gonna talk about gloves and how they represent our bodies and how without our spirits, our bodies would just be a blob and go nowhere. I'm kinda sick of that analogy to be honest, it is a great one, but they have used that one for at least 20 years, and most likely before that. So, I was trying to find a cool analogy of what to write about, but then the Lord taught me something else about a couple pairs of leather gloves (which Elder Logan had 3 pairs of...he's great). The Logans are perfect examples of what enduring to the end is. They have been faithful members of the church for their entire lives. They have had trials and issues that they have had to deal with. They have had good times, and bad times. And now they are giving up all that they have to the Lord. I love the Logans and I love their devotion to the gospel. They are enduring the end and giving back to the Lord all that they can to show their love to him. When I am as old as the Logan's, I want to be exactly like them, serving the Lord with all that I have. Joshua 24:15 comes to mind when I think about the Logans, "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." I Stand All Amazed...at faithful members of God's true church, like the Logans.

1 comment:

  1. Elder and Sister Logan,
    You are wonderful examples to our son Elder Stringam. Please let us send you some money for feeding him and the other great missionaries. :) We already love you two! May you know and feel of our love and prayers.
    Troy and Michele

    ReplyDelete