01 May 2011

The Thompsons!

This is what a missionary lives and dies for. There is no greater joy than seeing a family, kingdom builders, to be baptized into God's church. The Thompsons are one of those couples that a missionary will never forget. I am so grateful that God prepared the Thompsons to receive the gospel and I'm so grateful for their decision to be baptized. One very important part of their conversion was their friends, the Taylors. They are members and have been talking to the Thompsons about the church for quite sometime now. Gordon B. Hinckley, a former Prophet of God who I miss dearly once said, "Every convert needs a friend, a responsibility, and nurturing with the good word of God." The Thompsons have just that. The Taylors are incredible members of the church and good friends, they will soon get a calling in the church and have responsibility, and they are nurtured witht the good word of God daily by reading the Bible and the Book of Mormon. This is what I came out here on a mission to do. To be an instrument in the hands of God in bringing his gospel truths to families. My joy is full and it is better described in the scripture Alma 29:9, "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." I am so grateful for this gospel. I know that the Thompsons followed the example of the Savior and were baptized today by someone holding the priesthood authority of God. I am so lucky to be apart of this great work. I know that Jesus is the Christ and He is my Savior. I love Him. The next step for the Thompsons...THE TEMPLE!!!
I Stand All Amazed...at the joy of being an instrument in the Hands of the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I am so excited for the Thompson family! I know you have grown to love them so dearly. There is no other feeling better than when we align our will with the Lord's and He uses us as an instrument for good here on the Earth.

    ReplyDelete