14 July 2011

Hugging the Savior

12 May 2010
This was one of the hardest days of my life... 
Brylee
Brackin


Brooke

Mama
Dad










On this day, I hugged my life away. (Yes that just rhymed and yes I just thought of that...) I hugged away everything. My family, my "old life", my buddies, my education, my Lake Powell, my everything. I hugged away all that, because I love Jesus Christ. This was the day when I entered into the Missionary Training Center (MTC) to become a missionary and to serve my Savior. I had no idea what I was getting into. I didn't know what to expect, how things are ran, or what I needed to learn, but I did know that it was my duty to serve. I did know that I needed to be an example. I did know that I would have no friends at home anyway because they are all going on missions haha. I did know that I loved our Redeemer, so I left. Of many things that I have learned, here is one: this whole mission thing isn't about me! Its not about Elder Stringam at all. Its about the Lord and being in His service. Its about serving the people down here in TN. Its about loving the people that we come in contact with. Its about learning how to hug the Savior. In life, we face good times and bad times. We face hard times and easy times. I've learned that as you serve with someone, thru the bad and the good, you get to know them better and you see that you have grown to love that person. As a missionary, you are with your companions 24/7. All day, every day. Every second of every day. As yall can imagine, this can get quite annoying at times! But its taught me about service and love. Not only have I grown to love the people that I have served with, but I have learned how to love the Savior. As I have served with Him, I've learned how much I love Him. I can't explain all that he went thru on our behalf or how he went thru it, all I know is He did do it. And I love Him for it. I'm so grateful for this oppurtunity that I get to be serving with Him. I cannot wait for the day when I can hug the Savior and tell Him thank you for what He has done for me. I hope all of us can do better in serving our Savior and in the back of our minds, always have the picture of us hugging Him.


I Stand All Amazed...at our Savior Jesus Christ.



1 comment:

  1. I dream of this day often and I pray that He will will say to me "job well done." Now if I can just live a life worthy of it! All we can do is try each and every day.

    ReplyDelete