26 April 2011

My Family and How They Are My Legs


First and foremost, I want to declare to the world, that I have the greatest family in the world. I love all of them with all that I have and I'm grateful for the relationship that we all share together. Today, I was sitting at the Logan's table thinking about life. In order to do Facebook and such, we have to come over here to the Logan's (a senior couple missionary companionship) to use the internet. There are only two computers, so while Elder Baker and Elder Barnes used the computers I sat at the table and pondered. I thought about each member of my family. I thought about how much they have grown. I thought about how much I love them. I thought about memories that I have with them. I thought about how much they all mean to me. I thought about how lucky we are to have this gospel which allows us to be a family forever. I also thought about our Savior, Jesus Christ and how my family can all be examples of Him. While looking thru the Church's website, I found this inspiring video of another person who is an example of Christ. This kid is a perfect example of Christlike service and love.

https://lds.org/youth/video/daytons-legs?lang=eng

Often times, like right now, I feel that my family is my legs, pulling me thru life's struggles and hard times. I'm grateful for their love and their examples to me. Thanks to my family for all that they have done for me. I Stand All Amazed...at my family.

2 comments:

  1. I am so very thankful for my family. Our son - Elder Stringam - has created an excellent path for his sisters and younger brother to follow. Elder Stringam, your elementary teachers still ask about you. The High School teachers also ask about you. The road you have traveled down is much happier for those who follow you.
    We are humbly blessed to have a family like we do. May the Lord bless you in ALL that you do in His great work!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Stringam the "legs" that you speak of are the Lord's. We are just lucky enough to walk this path in life with you as we stumble and struggle as well. Thank you for your unwavering example of faith, courage, strength and love. Love you buddy:)

    ReplyDelete