10 March 2011

Speeding Tickets...

So there we were, driving back from Murray, Kentucky. We had Leadership Training today. Leadership Training is a fancy name for a meeting for all the missionaries in the mission who are serving in a leadership postition. Today was something special. All the Trainers (missionaries training new missionaries), and the District Leaders (missionaries who serve a group of other missionaries) had a meeting with President and Sister Hutchings. The Assistants (missionaries who directly help President Hutchings) took all of the Zone Leaders (missionaries who serve District Leaders and the other missionaries) and did something called "Special Ops" training. They took away our clocks, cell phones, and pretty much anything from the outside world and locked us in a room. We took 3 water/bathroom breaks and they did one on one training for 7 hours with us. We did role play lessons where one of us acts as an investigator and the other missionaries teach and vice versa. We talked about how to be better missionaries and talked about how to utilize the spirit more. The coolest part was for about a third of the training they split us up individually and put us in our own room and said, "Talk to God." One of the coolest experiences of my life. My knees are gonna be a little sore. The Spirit I felt today was something that I couldn't deny. Many tears were shed, but more importantly the feelings described in Galatians 5:22-23 were felt. "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." So, after our "Quarantine," we went to grab some grub at a mexican restaurant in Murray. Food was pretty good, I was just so hungry that anything would've tasted good. Well, we were cruisin home and the speed limit was 55 mph for the most part and when we went thru a city it would drop down to 45. We were about 30 minutes into the drive and the road pulled one of those. We hit the BOOMING metropolis of Dover, Tennessee and it went from 55 to 45. I slowed down, I was doing about 47 to 48 and then, to me, it seemed like it jumped back up to 55. We came down a hill and I was doing fine at about 59....or so I thought. Before I knew it, red and blue lights were blaring behind me. I got nabbed for 59 in a 45. $105...I can either pay that or show up at court in po dunk Dover on April 27th to try to fight it. I love missionary work. I Stand All Amazed...at $105. Much love

3 comments:

  1. Go speed racer! That one will cost ya. What a neat experience at your training:) Worth the $105.00, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I recall someone who took a picture at their speedometer once going too fast and did not get caught. However, lesson learned. Maybe you should teach the police captain the gospel.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright funny funny Mom and Dad. I only do as I see my parents do...if you know what I mean. Especially my Lead-Foot of a Mother, just sayin. But yes, the $105 hurt my debit account...a lot. Lesson learned. As far as going too fast and taking a picture of the speedometer...I don't remember that experience...

    ReplyDelete