04 October 2011

Pep Talk Anyone?

So, I loved General Conference. Just sayin. How lucky we are to have the opportunity to hear from living prophets and apostles. All the talks that were given were outstanding. This past conference has been one of my favorites. Probably because back at home I would just pass out on the floor, but that is besides the point. Haha I remember my Mama would yell at me when President Hinckley would get up to speak. "Brennan! Wake up! The Prophet is speaking." So, in a daze, half asleep, I would listen to President Hinckley. I love that man. I know that he is engaged in a fantastic work on the other side. So, like I said, I loved all the talks that were given, but if I had to narrow down my top ones they would be, Elder Christofferson's talk on repentance, Elder Callister's talk on the Book of Mormon, Sister Dalton's talk on how to raise a daughter, and then Elder Holland's talk that he gave in the Priesthood session on needing more missionaries. I also hear that President Uchtdorf's talk in the Relief Society General Meeting on "Forget Me Not" was way good too. So, I would encourage anyone to re-watch those talks I listed, but I want to post Elder Holland's talk. He is such a fiery speaker! I love how bold and up front he is. Can you imagine him as one of your life coaches? Haha well, that is exactly what he is! I hope you get the same chills that I did as I heard him speak.



I Stand All Amazed...at living, modern-day Prophets.

1 comment:

  1. Loved conference! We are blessed to be guided and directed by wonderful leaders. I loved the comment from Elder Holland "I am going to get I'm your face a little and maybe singe you eye brows." great talk. Love you son. Dad

    ReplyDelete